Is it better to remain friends after you break up or to go your separate ways? It’s hard to say which is best for each couple, but here are the pros and cons to consider:
· You’ll have something to show for your time together. After all the time and energy you spent on your relationship when you were together, it’s nice to have a great friendship to show for it after you break up. You’ve already put the time and effort in so it’s great to continue to enjoy the benefits even if you aren’t together as a couple.
· You know each other really well. After being a couple you know each other inside and out so it’s an easy transition into being friends. Because you know them so well you’ll be able to a great friend to them and visa versa.
· You’re compatible. If you were together as a couple you’re bound to have some things in common that you can carry over and enjoy as friends. It’s great to be able to keep spending time together doing what you enjoy even if you’re not dating anymore.
Are you an introvert dating an extrovert? Or an extrovert with a shy and quiet boyfriend/girlfriend? Dating someone with an opposite personality can be smooth sailing with these 10 tips:
1. Understand them. Identify and understand what personality type they are in relation to yours. When you can understand them and what your differences are you will be more sympathetic and be able to relate to their needs better.
2. Don’t hide your true self. If you are outgoing and the life of the party, don’t try to tone it down or hide that from your quiet partner. They should like you for you and neither of you should have to pretend to be something that you aren’t in order to be together.
3. Learn from each other. One of the great things about dating someone different than you is that you can learn from them. Maybe you’ll learn how to be more outgoing or you could learn to appreciate the value of being quiet and listening.
4. Keep your own life going. If you’re an introvert who loves to have lots of quiet downtime by yourself, don’t stop doing that just because you’re dating someone who is a social butterfly. You won’t be able to sustain a lifestyle where you aren’t being true to yourself.